Pages

Monday 26 August 2013

Day out at Hurstbridge Wattle Festival

Yesterday was the annual wattle festival in Hurstbridge. The festival started 10 years ago, & has since grown into quite an enormous event, with live music, art, activities, market stalls, & even rides. I found it all a little overwhelming, & I have to admit that it seems to be becoming more commercial, instead of celebrating beautiful local produce :/
All the commercial junk aside, there were some awesome things to see, the best of which, in my opinion, was the beautiful art, ranging from painting to woodwork, to sculptures. Another very interesting & quite unique attraction is the steam train, we didn't ride it, but just watching it roar along the tracks was quite a thing to see.
It was a great day out, & if you've never been I would highly recommend getting there next year if you can :)

...
 Beautiful bright pink blossoms.
 ...
An incredible wood sculpture, by a local artist.
 ...

My favorite sculpture; a metal bonsai.
Coincidentally this was made by an old friend :)
...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where I want to go - 2 landscapes

I always have a feeling of wanting to escape to somewhere. A beautiful and interesting land where I can build a home and live freely. I'...