Pages

Sunday 9 March 2014

Banana porridge - Raw Vegan Recipe

 

I'm working on increasing the amount of raw food in my diet, maybe up to 100%, but not sure yet. I've already learned a few awesome recipes from my raw vegan friend, & here's one of my favorites so far -

Raw Vegan Banana Porridge!
*This recipe requires a good blender, such as a Vitamix.

Ingredients:
- 1.5 Frozen Banana
- 2 fresh medium sized Ripe Bananas
- 2 medium sized ripe Figs
- 1/2 cup Dried Mulberries
- 1/2 cup filtered Water

Method:
1. Dice up one of the fresh bananas & add it to a large bowl. Roughly mash the 2nd ripe banana & add it to the bowl.
2. Add the dried mulberries to the blender, & whiz briefly to form coarse chunks, put it in a small bowl & set aside.
3. Prepare the figs, slice off a bit of the top until you can see the coloured pulp inside. Cut in half lengthways, then finely slice into half circle shapes & set aside (or prep them however you prefer). It's fine to eat the skin. in fact it's especially delicious around the bottom.
4. Add the 1.5 frozen bananas into the blender along with 1/2 a cup of water & blend until completely smooth (start on low & whiz on high approx 20 seconds)
5. Assemble! Pour the liquid banana mix over the fresh bananas in the bowl, top with sliced figs, & sprinkle with the ground dried mulberries.
Put it in your face!

This is one of the tastiest breakfasts I have ever had. I want to eat it ever day. EVERY DAY.
If you're not familiar with figs, then you ought to get acquainted, they are a spectacular fruit, & one of the healthiest too. Figs are best when they are really soft & squishy.
Dried mulberries are new to me, but I am already properly addicted, they taste like honey & joy, I highly highly recommend getting your mitts on some, I believe they are available from 'Terra Madre' in Northcote, & also various online stores.
As always you can change this up a bit, add some vanilla, or a dried date to the liquid banana mix, or throw some frozen berries on top at the end, but don't over complicate it!

Take it easy everyone, & enjoy plenty of fresh healthy food!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where I want to go - 2 landscapes

I always have a feeling of wanting to escape to somewhere. A beautiful and interesting land where I can build a home and live freely. I'...