Pages

Sunday 6 March 2011

Some new nature shots, & one old-ish one :P (((I love plants & critters :D

I wondered around the house today an got a few shots in & around the garden, this is what I saw...

I'm told by Eli that this is a Nasturtium plant (pronounced 'nast-er-shum') There are heaps growing happily with the pumpkin : ) Maybe they're companion plants? In any case their orange flowers are really beautiful, so bright [:o

Here's the huge pumpkin plant & you can see all the Nasturtium growing among it. If pumpkin vines weren't so prickly it'd be great to hide under all those big leaves [:D


This is a cocoon-type thing I came across, it was all crusty & abandoned, weird...


This fine fellow came to visit me during our picnic today, I think he's cleaning himself up. I took a few photos, but he wouldn't look at the camera 'Xp He was lovely & shiny : )

This is an older photo taken in May 2010, mushroom season! :D We ate a bunch of these field mushrooms, it was amazing. I love how they burst out of the ground, even where the soil seems quite compacted, I love mushrooms, they're quite incredible. Can't wait for the first mushies of 2011 XD

So concludes todays photorama, hope you like them ^___^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where I want to go - 2 landscapes

I always have a feeling of wanting to escape to somewhere. A beautiful and interesting land where I can build a home and live freely. I'...