Pages

Wednesday 9 March 2011

More adventures with my camera (((More cute critters [:D

This afternoon I set off to take Jiji (my cavoodle) out of the house for a play : )
We had a pretty awesome time, running around like idiots an finding bugs. I took her to the Yarrambat lake because she loves water, same goes foe me :D
After wandering around for a while I noticed some interesting dragonflies & spent the next hour or so trying to get some good photos, Jiji made this particularly tricky because she wanted to see what I was looking at & kept scaring them off :P

Well these are the best photos I managed to get-

I nicknamed this little guy 'elusive blue'. I only got this one photo of him & you can probably guess why :P Pretty amazing colour tho, I don't think I've ever seen a blue dragonfly before : )
A funky red & blue dragonfly :D
I love this little guy, I'm just referring to him as a reed moth, he's my favourite, clinging there like a little trooper. When I looked at this photo & saw more detail I could see just how amazing this little creature is, I actually think he's really cute, it just makes me sad to think that people will mindlessly kill bugs, insects & arachnids, ok maybe if they're a huge problem or really dangerous (admittedly I kill mosquitos, flies & white-tail spiders) but otherwise maybe consider leaving them in peace, & if you need to kill a troublesome bug, spider etc, please try to do it without the use of poisonous sprays 0_0
A pair of the red & blue dragonflies mating. Funnily enough their abdomens form a love heart shape, which I thought was kinda cool [: ) I think is the best photo I got, mostly cause it was the most difficult ': )


***Note, full views are better ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where I want to go - 2 landscapes

I always have a feeling of wanting to escape to somewhere. A beautiful and interesting land where I can build a home and live freely. I'...