Pages

Tuesday 8 March 2011

Nori Adventure time! XD (((Bring on the seaweed! [:P

So recently I have decided to embark on a food adventure, the key ingredient being nori \^o^/-Hooray~
Nori is most commonly recognised as the seaweed used to wrap up sushi rolls, & from what I've been reading it's really good for you, it contains protein, iron, vitamins A & E, fibre & also has some other great health benefits.
The problem I find with nori is it's not the most palatable food out there, I have to admit, I'm not it's biggest fan, I do like it, but I don't go out of my way to eat it. Another trouble I have discovered is the reaction people have to it, 'ew seaweed! I'm not eating that!' thankfully people seem to be getting more adventurous & actually giving it a go.
In an attempt to spread the word about nori, & hopefully increase it's popularity, I am going to start work making some nori friendly recipes, which compliment it's flavour & make it a treat to eat :D


Ideas so far:
- Filled omelette, including nori of course - DONE (Recipe coming soon!)
- Nori wrapped rice sandwich-type thing (this may just be a lazy vegetarian sushi roll)
- Something with potatoes (this idea is still forming)


aaand that's all I've got so far, but I'm working on it...
I'll do some research & I'll update as I go!
For now I must return to work :P


Nori:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where I want to go - 2 landscapes

I always have a feeling of wanting to escape to somewhere. A beautiful and interesting land where I can build a home and live freely. I'...