Pages

Saturday 5 March 2011

Vegetarian tips... (((Maybe common knowledge, but thought I'd share...

Yes I am stil blogging, I've just been away on a trip, & it was impossible for me to post anything as I was without internet 0_0
Moving right along though, I've come across a few interesting pieces of information recently about the vegetarians & the vegetarian diet :)


1. Vegetarians should eat more frequently than people who include meat in their diet. This is because plant materials contain less energy & so to keep energy levels up it's important to eat a number of small snacks throughout the day :) - (From what I hear this is also actually healthier for us)


2. If, like myself, you are a 'lacto ovo vegetarian' (meaning you include dairy products & eggs in your diet) be aware that most cheese is NOT VEGETARIAN, I've actually been surprised at how few people know what rennet is. For those who don't know, rennet is an enzyme which is collected from the stomachs of calves & it is used to separate the curds & whey during the cheese making process. There are many vegetarian alternatives, so please read the labels carefully when choosing your cheese :)


3. Regarding human physiology, one of the most common arguments I've seen is, 'If we're not meant to eat meat, why do we have these sharp teeth?' This is a pretty silly argument, first of all most, if not all herbivorous animals have a set of sharp teeth, they are for piercing tough food! Look at the gorilla, or the fruit bat, even horses have a pair of sharp teeth, go ahead & compare a human skull to a few herbivore skulls & then to a few carnivore skulls, it's pretty obvious that with regards to teeth ours are far more similar to herbivores than to carnivores ^___^'


Of course I'm not trying to attack people for eating meat, & I'm not trying to say humans are naturally herbivores either, so please don't take this the wrong way, I'm only trying to share some interesting things that I have read.


If you disagree (probably because you like the taste of meat & you don't want to hear that maybe it's not so good for you, or the animals, or the environment 0_0) please do some research before you reply ':p


Night all~



No comments:

Post a Comment

Where I want to go - 2 landscapes

I always have a feeling of wanting to escape to somewhere. A beautiful and interesting land where I can build a home and live freely. I'...