Pages

Thursday 9 June 2011

Brand new cast iron skillets from Tennessee : )

Yep, we recently received our 2 beautiful skillets in the mail.
I haven't tested them out a huge amount yet, but I was very impressed this morning when I made pancakes, the skillet held it's heat amazingly, as you would expect, & the pancakes didn't stick at all! which I was quite (pleasantly) surprised at ^___^
I attempted to fry an egg the first day they arrived, it wasn't too bad, but it did stick a bit, but I've heard/read that these pans get better (more non-stick) the more you use them, provided you care for them properly... So I'll re-attempt frying an egg at a later date, otherwise I'm really impressed so far : )


Here are some pics-





These guys make an awesome variety of cast iron cookware, if you're interested at all their site is HERE.

NOTE: I just wanted to add that there are some things you must do, & must NOT do to make sure these pans work properly & last as long as they're supposed to (apparently 100 years : ) So please check out the use & care section before you go ahead & buy one.

***ALSO, Eli found THIS page the other day, it has pretty much everything you need to know about cast iron skillets, including some very handy tips ;3

2 comments:

Where I want to go - 2 landscapes

I always have a feeling of wanting to escape to somewhere. A beautiful and interesting land where I can build a home and live freely. I'...