Pages

Wednesday 13 April 2011

Wild soapnuts. (((A suitable soap/shampoo/detergent alternative?

That's what I'm wondering at the moment...


Today I set out to find (really) eco alternatives to soap, shampoo & laundry detergent (aside from lemons & baking soda, or more conventional products available in health stores, which can get pricey 0_0) I thought this would be a long slow process, not so! I came across this site rather quickly. They are promoting & selling a special berry which they call 'soapnuts' :D They contain a natural kind of detergent & can be used as a multi-purpose cleaner. You can use them to make a washing liquid to use as a replacement for soap, shampoo etc, you can use them to wash dishes, & even do your laundry, plus they can be used several times, how fantastically awesome does that sound! XD
They are all natural, non-toxic & 100% biodegradable. These amazing berries are harvested from trees which grow wild in the Himalayas & can be purchased from a few stores around Australia, or (maybe more conveniently) online : ) There are various sized packs available, including a 50g sample pack which, including shipping (within Australia) works out to to be less than $10 (OMFG cheap! :o)


So all this sounds completely amazing, unbelievable even, well I'm gonna find out. I've ordered & paid for a sample pack & I'm going to test it for myself. Hopefully it will arrive this week, if not, they should arrive early next week. I'll post my findings once I've thoroughly tested them.
I'm so very excited ]8D


For more information head over to the website HERE, there's a video you can watch & a FAQ page.

If these things are as amazing as they sound I'm totally gonna look into growing my own soap trees! \ ^o^ /

Ja!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where I want to go - 2 landscapes

I always have a feeling of wanting to escape to somewhere. A beautiful and interesting land where I can build a home and live freely. I'...