Pages

Tuesday 12 April 2011

The rains :o (((I've rarely experienced so much water

It started raining yesterday afternoon, pretty much just as I was finishing up at work (lucky!) it even hailed a bit, which is also fairly uncommon. Well it pretty much hasn't let up since! This is the hardest, longest rain I can remember, it just keeps coming, it's still going right now, more than 12 hours later 0_0 I was woken up several times last night because the sound was so loud, it truly sounded just like a freaking waterfall [:D Of course our house started leaking so I was up & about searching for pots to sit under very drippy doorways etc.


Here are a couple of pics I took this morning at around 7am-


This is a positively giant bowl that was left outside yesterday afternoon, it was completely empty & has been filled entirely by the rain, that's a lot of water \ ^o^ /
Our back tank. It's about 5000 litres, & as you can see the water is just gushing out, what a waste! We need more storage capacity, very important here in Aus. We do have a bigger tank out front (about 20,000 litres) it's hard to get to though...
Close up of the gushy water, I love running water, it's not very common where I live. I love rain! XD
So here's a pic of some of the water drops from by bedroom door, Dad says it was happening cause the gutters were all blocked an the water was being diverted & ended up coming in via my bedroom :p
I also got out & about to run some errands, this is the creek that flows through my home town of St Andrews, it runs all the way thought Diamond Creek & Eltham too. It's usually this tiny piddly thing you could jump across, check it out after that rain :D
 Close up of a particularly hazardous part : )
The is my favourite, roadside waterfall FTW! It was actually still flowing on my way back home, which I was quite impressed with. I saw it on my way to town & had to pull over to get a photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where I want to go - 2 landscapes

I always have a feeling of wanting to escape to somewhere. A beautiful and interesting land where I can build a home and live freely. I'...