Pages

Sunday 10 April 2011

I am a guinea pig... (((Experiments in being more environmentally friendly


Yep I'm gonna test a few things out, using myself of course :D
I know all of these things will have been done before, but I've never tried them, & I bet a whole heap of other people haven't either. SoI figure if I give it a go & publish some results maybe I can help people & informs them of what works & what's probably best avoided : )


#1. I'm going to try to find some successful (& simple) solutions instead of using store-bought shampoo, conditioner & soap, using a few natural ingredients to get clean sounds loads better than using some mysterious, heavily scented goo :p For the time being I'm trying out lemon juice & lavender, I'll inform everyone how this works out for me in a couple of weeks, will I be clean & huggable or will I stink & be exiled to the spare bedroom :o


#2. I'm switching to re-usable liners, instead of throw-away pads, I've ordered a couple of different types & I'll post info & reviews once I've tried them for myself. I've ordered products from wemoon & lunapads I'm so curious to see how effective they are compared with disposable pads & how feasible it is to wash them, which would be greatly helped by my next experiment...


#3. I'm looking into human powered washing machines & spinners :D The trouble I'm finding so far is that the best ones I've seen, like the wonder wash are not available in Australia, & no one will ship them here : ( I'm having the same trouble with spinners & wringers, in fact the clothes wringers I've seen so far have been hugely expensive 0_0 So this problem is going to need some work, I feel pretty confident that between my fiancee & myself we should be able to come up with something... I'll keep you all posted on our progress ; )


#4 This is more of a general thing, I'm going to try my damn hardest to make my entire life more 'green' (eco, environmentally friendly, whatever you like to call it) An I mean every damn thing I do/buy. I'm taking a stand & I'll share any new ideas which work & hopefully, maybe more people will follow along & make some positive changes in their lives too ^___^


Wish me luck! X3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where I want to go - 2 landscapes

I always have a feeling of wanting to escape to somewhere. A beautiful and interesting land where I can build a home and live freely. I'...