Pages

Tuesday 12 April 2011

Tour of a cob cottage (((One of the most adorable natural buildings I've seen :D

Cob is an adobe mix, which is basically made up of clay, sand water & straw, it is similar to the mix used to make mudbricks. Building using an adobe technique has many benefits, it provides great natural insulation against temperature & noise, it is fire & bug proof, it has good thermal mass, it's relatively low tech, & best of all it's completely natural & free from any harmful toxins!


To see a tour of a beautiful cob building check out this video-




Hope you all like it, if you're going to build a house (or have one built) maybe you might like to consider natural building techniques, & don't forget about passive solar design. Help yourself & help the planet all at the same time : )


My dream is to build & live in a small cob house one day <3
Anyone out there have their own eco dream house? I'd love to hear about it : )


Ja~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where I want to go - 2 landscapes

I always have a feeling of wanting to escape to somewhere. A beautiful and interesting land where I can build a home and live freely. I'...