Pages

Thursday 24 January 2013

New Robinia, WHNursery, & food forest garden tour~

Sorry for the long silence everyone, but powering on!
Yesterday I purchased a 'mop top robinia' tree, I have wanted one for a long time (we're talking years here) & it just so happened they were half price at the nursery I was looking around at yesterday :) They're not a cheap tree, but you pretty much always pay a bit extra for anything that's grafted, & it's already fairly large & established.
I'm so overwhelmingly happy to finally have one out in the yard, it's a beautiful thing, & I really hope it does well, being a fairly hardy tree, I am hopeful :)
...
Here it is \[:D >
...
...
I must have been in a mood for some new plants yesterday because I also bought a couple of things from a website called, White House Nursery, which is a nursery based here Victoria, Australia. You can visit them if you live near by, or you can order plants online (which is what I did) This nursery stands out because they carry some interesting stock, including some rare plants. I was thrilled to find a thornless blackberry, I've been hoping to get one ever since I watched this film of a tour around a beautiful permaculture food forest garden > > >
...
...
The guy hosting this video (John-growingyourgreens.com) has a good collection of other gardening videos with some handy tips & advice, which you can find on his youtube channel HERE. Remember that he is operating in America, so not all of the advice is applicable to us Aussies, but definitely well worth a look ;)
...
That's the lot for the moment, I have some recipes coming very soon...
Catch you'all later~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where I want to go - 2 landscapes

I always have a feeling of wanting to escape to somewhere. A beautiful and interesting land where I can build a home and live freely. I'...