Pages

Monday 15 April 2013

New house=new veggie patch=lots of green :) + some kind of thistle

We're enjoying living in our new place, we have heaps of room, & there was already a small veggie patch ready to be planted out :)
It was left pretty messy & overgrown, but we've tidied it up, & filled it with seeds :)
It is a little small, but I might try some compact planting, & see how that works...
...
Here's how it looks so far v v v
...

...
The thistle-ish plant I found looks like this v v v 
...
...
I'm not sure I've seen this kind of plant before, or at least not one that had such bold patterns... It's growing a little ways up from our house, where there used to be 2 enormous cypress trees, so maybe it likes acidic soil? I don't know, but if anyone out there does, leave a comment below :) It's probably just some super common, pain in the ass weed...

2 comments:

  1. Oh that looks great! I am so jealous you have a raised bed. My boyfriend & I are planning to build one as soon as we cab. It's getting a bit late in the season but we've been so busy DX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you manage to do it, it's well worth it :)
      & having access to fresh greens is really convenient.
      We're working on a new bed at the moment, so we'll have double the growing space :D

      Delete

Where I want to go - 2 landscapes

I always have a feeling of wanting to escape to somewhere. A beautiful and interesting land where I can build a home and live freely. I'...