Pages

Wednesday 22 January 2014

Handy tools - Garden sickle/scythe

We have a few scythes now, & they're really handy, if you're into veggie gardening I highly recommend them.

We bought ours >>> HERE <<<

They're affordable, & have lasted us really well so far, even after some rough treatment. :0
The 2 we use the most are the 'Narrow Serrated Sickle' & the 'Large Serrated Sickle'. The narrow sickle is great for harvesting, & the large sickle is really good for cutting plants back/light chop & drop, etc.

Narrow sickle.

Large sickle.
It's actually the same size...

These are great for general use around the veggie patch. :)
Take care when using them, they can leave you with quite a nasty cut.

Happy gardening~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where I want to go - 2 landscapes

I always have a feeling of wanting to escape to somewhere. A beautiful and interesting land where I can build a home and live freely. I'...