Pages

Thursday 2 February 2012

My new favourite texture pack for minecraft 1.1 :D

It's Jolicraft! This pack has been around far quite a while I believe, but I never gave it a try because I preferred higher res texture packs. Man I've been missing out! I decided to try this pack after watching 'The Monarch of Madness'  by The Yogscast (funny guys :p) & I'm so glad I gave it a go.
This pack has the same charming feel as another one of my favourite packs (which unfortunately hasn't been updated in ages :/) I also find the colours to be really appealing, & from what I've seen so far all the blocks fit together really well stylistically. I'm especially loving the cobblestone & wool textures. Mobs & animals look awesome, & really unique too. I haven't had this excited 'wowNeedToBuildSoMuchEpicStuff LIKE.RIGHT.NOW' buzz in a while, & I'm glad I'm feeling it again :p
Something which particularly appeals to me about this pack is the unique differences, eg. saplings look like acorns, gunpowder like a stick of dynamite, etc.
There's even Christmas & Halloween themed Jolicraft packs (both of which can be found HERE)
...
So I could probably rave on for a while about how excited I am about this pack, but it's probably better to just give it a go for yourself ;p If you're put off by low-res TP's please don't let that stop you! After playing for a little while you adjust! Plus you may find Minecraft runs smoother for you, especially if your computer is a senior citizen ':)
...
Screenshots from my game-
...





...
Go now & give it a try!
...
Also may be useful-
Minecraft website: minecraft.net
Jolicraft website: Jolicraft.com
...
Play hard & have fun! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where I want to go - 2 landscapes

I always have a feeling of wanting to escape to somewhere. A beautiful and interesting land where I can build a home and live freely. I'...