Pages

Tuesday 4 September 2012

Mexi Bean Salad Recipe (*°∀°)=3


I love beans, I just wanted to start by saying that :p
So I have a Mexican-style bean salad recipe, which I got the basic idea for while looking through a few different bean salad recipes. This is a super easy, & really quick dish to make. Eat it as a complete meal or use it as a side dish to accompany something else, either is good :)
This is the lazy version, alternatively you could collect fresh ingredients, or even use dried beans, & make it from scratch, & I do plan on doing that one day, but this is what I got for now...

Mexi Bean Salad Recipe

All's you need is:
- 1 can of 4 Bean mix (regular 420g size)
- 1 can of Sweet corn (same size as beans)
- 1/4 of a medium Red Capsicum
- 1/2 a small purple(salad) Onion
- 1/4 - 1/2 a cove of Garlic (I use Russian garlic, but regular is fine ;)
- A small handful of fresh Coriander
- 2 tbs of Olive oil
- 1 tsp Tabasco sauce (optional)
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- A pinch of Pepper
- A pinch of Sugar

Method:

1. Pour the bean mix into a sieve & give them a quick rinse. Pour 3/4 of the can of sweet corn on top, & set aside to drain.
2. Finely dice the capsicum & onion, mince the garlic & add to a medium salad bowl.
3. Rinse, dry, & roughly chop the coriander, & add to the salad bowl.
* Alternatively you can use ground coriander seed, but fresh herbs are the best :) I use Vietnamese mint because it grows well in my garden, & it tastes like spicy coriander, win/win.
4. Add the beans & sweet corn to the salad bowl, add the remaining ingredients, mix well, & you're done!
*There should be no need to add any salt if using canned veg, they usually already have enough saltiness.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Where I want to go - 2 landscapes

I always have a feeling of wanting to escape to somewhere. A beautiful and interesting land where I can build a home and live freely. I'...