Pages

Tuesday 18 September 2012

Critters & new plants out in the garden!

I'm pushing myself to really try to get out into the back garden every day, no matter what the weather is like, & so far I'm doing ok.
I've cleaned up more areas & made them into beds ready to receive seeds & saplings, dug paths that double as water catching swales, planted out under most of the fruit trees, filled the little greenhouse with trays full of seeds, etc etc etc, & things are looking good so far, much better than last season (when we had next to no hands-on experience gardening) I really feel like we've come a long way since then, & I'm happy to see all the extra knowledge & experience showing out in the garden \[:D/

I took a good bunch of photos this morning of some of the things going on out there, & some of the critters I met while looking around c: ...
...
 The very first cherry leaves have opened on the newly planted tree :D
...
 The mulberry tree is looking amazing, I'm so exited to try some fresh mulberries when they're ready, I can hardly wait @'_@...
...
 I haven't noticed too much happening with the Apple or Nectarine trees, but hopefully as it warms up they'll both get a bit more active... In the mean time, this awesome little champion guards the apple tree for us :) I'm pretty sure she's been chilling on that branch ever since I put the tree in :V
...
v Potato, Pohtahto. PO-TAY-TOE! All the taters~ v


 (I think this one is a purple variety...)
...
 There I am hanging around in the more established potato plants, & I spotted a few interesting critters while I was there :)
...
 A little green leaf hopper type bug,
... 
 stripy fly dude,
...
 & a very cool looking spider :)
...
 The often overlooked (& sometimes hated D:) dandelion. The flowers & leaves are edible & nutritious, so don't be hatin' on them! I frequently include both the flowers & leaves in my green smoothies, & they're delicious damnit X)
Eat the dandy & become as resilient as they are \o/<!!!
...
 Slug chillin' on... STINGING NETTLE! I refuse to believe that it's comfortable there...
...
 Our Vietnamese mint, Lemon balm, & Oregano all looking super <3
...
 A peek into the greenhouse =v=... This is a golden zucchini seedling, it's going nuts in there, & soon it'll be ready to plant out :D
...
I was so happy to see this, because that tiny spec of little green baby plant that you see in the middle (if it is what I expect) is my first ever tansy plant! WOOOOO!~ 'XO I have tried so many times to get those seeds to germinate, all without success, until now c: I hope more show up, & they grow to be strong & amazing tansy plants that will help ward off unwanted bugs around the yard. Go you glorious bastard, Go!
...
So that's some of what's going on out there, I'd really love to get a nice little hand-help video camera so I can make a short video tour so people can get a better idea of how much  has changed, & get a better overall look at the layout, etc.
...
I'll try to get around to posting my 'quinoa pizza' recipe later tonight.
Take care everyone! Ja ne :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where I want to go - 2 landscapes

I always have a feeling of wanting to escape to somewhere. A beautiful and interesting land where I can build a home and live freely. I'...