Pages

Friday 30 November 2012

'Cheeseburger' noodles recipe (ミ´ω`ミ)


This meal is pretty popular among my family & friends. When I made it for the first time I hadn't intended it to taste like a cheeseburger, but happily that's how it worked out :)
Here's how you do it...

Ingredients:


Method:
1. Finely dice the onion, & coarsely chop the mushroom, & stick them straight into a skillet or any other frying pan, along with 2-3 tbs of olive oil, + a pinch of salt & pepper, with the heat off.
2. Put a large pot of water on to boil, with enough water to easily cook the noodles (don't go overboard & fill the whole thing)
3. Turn the heat on, & gently saute the onion & mushroom, until the onion is slightly transparent & the mushroom has softened a bit. Add the tomato pasta sauce, & mirin, mix well, then cover, & simmer on low heat, stirring occasionally.
4. In the mean time finely dice the pickles, ready to add at the end. Once the water for the noodles has begun to boil, add the noodles & boil gently until tender.
5. Once the noodles are tender, strain them, & rinse with some cool water. (just swish them under a running tap whilst in the strainer) & Allow to drain thoroughly (tilting the strainer side to side can help free up trapped water ;)
6. Once the tomato sauce has reduced & thickened slightly gently stir through the noodles, then the diced pickles. Dish it up, & add on your favourite vegan cheese (I used 'soy free cheezly') & mix it through a little...

Now you have yourself some fine noodles!

I consider this to be a bit of a 'junk food' & I wouldn't recommend eating it too often ':)
Feel free to experiment & add extra veggies, etc, or other ingredients that might make it more 'cheeseburger' like (obviously keeping it vegan & gluten free :p)

I hope you all like this recipe, enjoy, & happy eating everyone ( ゚▽゚)/ ~☆

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where I want to go - 2 landscapes

I always have a feeling of wanting to escape to somewhere. A beautiful and interesting land where I can build a home and live freely. I'...