Pages

Saturday 1 June 2013

Peek in my fridge + pB energy ballz recipe - No cooking required ┌(・。・)┘♪

I'm not sure why, I just had this thought to snap a pic of what's going on in my fridge recently :) So here's a look into our refrigerated food storage unit...


Everything in there is Gluten-free & Vegan, I assure you ;) & anyone wondering about the small jar labelled 'cheese', it's made by *Botanical Cuisine*  & I highly recommend you check them out!
Just above the amazing raw, vegan cheese is a plate of delicious snacks I made this morning. I used this recipe >>> LINK, but I used quinoa flakes instead of oats, to make them Gluten free. I think there's lots you could do with this recipe, I plan to try a batch with some coconut added, & maybe some with chocolate as well.

I like to call them;
 *:・゚ pB energy ballz *:・゚
...


You'll need:
A food processor or Blender (I used my Vitamix, cause it's all I have :p)

Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup Raw unsalted Cashew nuts
- 1/4 cup Organic Quinoa flakes
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon powder
- 1 cup Organic Dates - Pitted
- 2-3 Tbs Peanut butter

Method:
1. Add the cashews, quinoa flakes, & cinnamon powder to your food processor/blender, & whiz them to a rough almond meal consistency. Don't make it super fine, just make sure there are no big chunks.
2. Add in the pitted dates, & 2 tbs of peanut butter & process until combined. If the mix seems dry, add a bit more peanut butter.
3. Form the mix into balls, & place them in the fridge for a few hours to set.
4. 3 hours later... CONSUME ! ! ! :V

Makes 10-12 ballz

*NOTE: The final part of blending was tricky with my Vitamix, I used a low speed & pounded the mix down with the tamper, but it did end up overheating my Vitamix :/
At that point I transferred the mix to a bowl & mixed it a bit by hand, using a spoon, but I was happy with the consistency, so I used it as it was :)

Best eaten within a week, otherwise stick them in an airtight container, & freeze them for a later date :)

I think these would be great for an energy kick during a long bike ride, etc.
Go nuts on these things, there're damn delicious, & healthy too!

Kudos to Vegan Food Addict, I love this recipe c:

All the recipes I post are made to be 100% Gluten-free & Vegan, but please always double check all your ingredients to be sure! Happy (non) cooking times everyone ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where I want to go - 2 landscapes

I always have a feeling of wanting to escape to somewhere. A beautiful and interesting land where I can build a home and live freely. I'...