Pages

Tuesday 8 November 2011

Etiko - Fair trade fashion :) ::: Looks good, feels good

My sneakers have needed replacing for a while now, but I didn't want to wander into any shop & buy a pair of sneakers that have been made in a horrible sweat shop from cheap materials that contain many toxic/animal derived components (like I did with my last pair -___-')
After looking around for a while online I managed to find one Australian shop (stock is from the UK) which sells nice clothing & footwear that are fair trade, organic & vegan, & they are called etiko :) I have ordered a pair of etiko low cut sneakers, & if they're as comfy as they look I'll be back to grab a few more items later on :3
So maybe head over to their site & check out their lovely products, & if you're interested in buying something remember to check the sizing charts, because UK sizes are used :v


I know many people may think the prices for fair trade organic clothing, food, etc may be too expensive, but honestly, these prices are more accurate & fair. Products sold by large companies are only cheaper because they exploit people, animals & the environment, & they mass produce a product, which often isn't even very good quality.
I think most of us need to rein ourselves in a little & rather than buying a dozen cheap items, maybe just buy a few quality items that you know haven't resulted in the exploitation of people, animals & the environment.

Another strategy to consider (especially if you don't have much money) is buying second hand :) I can't tell you all how many amazing things I've found at local op shops, I consider them to be an invaluable resources for just about everything. Personally I find shopping at op shops/second hand stores to be far more interesting too, you can find awesome unique items, save money, & of course you're reducing, re-using & recycling all in one go, which cuts down on waste :D I'd say that more than half of everything I wear has been purchased from op shops, & people often compliment my clothes, so there's no need to think that something second hand won't look good :p

Alrighty, that's my rant for the day :p

Hope everyone is feeling fine,
Ja ne.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where I want to go - 2 landscapes

I always have a feeling of wanting to escape to somewhere. A beautiful and interesting land where I can build a home and live freely. I'...