Pages

Monday 5 December 2011

Fist full of greens (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

I'm back to blogging again after another dry patch ':3
Lots of things have kept me away, but I'm back again & I have no intention of stopping any time soon c:


Many many things have been going on during my absence here, my health has been up & down, however thanks to new medication I'm starting to feel a lot better :) I'm seeing a very highly regarded Naturopath named Vagif Soultanov on the 14th of this month, & I'm desperately hoping he can help me using natural methods so I won't have to keep swallowing these icky pills [: / but for the time being I'm just really glad to be feeling better :)
I have been cooking quite a bit, & I've made up a few things recently which I'm pretty much kicking myself for not documenting (I tend to forget recipes I improvise very quickly) :s As usual I've been browsing cooking vids on Youtube & I managed to find an interesting channel specifically for Indian food, but I'll share a link to that in a later post...
& of course the garden! Things are progressing slowly, but we've really increased the diversity of plants now :) All of the planst are still young & we haven't had much yield other than some peas, snow peas & lettuce, but we're both really enjoying the garden so much we don't mind if it takes a while to start producing ^_____^ I'm going to go down & get some photos to show how things have progressed & share some of the plants I'm most exited about [:D
For now though, here's a quick shot of the impressive stack of greens I collected to go with my breakfast this morning :)


The greens are all going nuts & we seem to be having less & less problems with slugs, even though we have never sprayed anything on them, not even home-made formulas, so I'm mighty proud about that! We have tried a couple of techniques to help the plants early on (which seem to have worked) & I'll share those in a later post. Salad greens are amazing, & I'd encourage everyone to have a try of growing their own :) Salad greens are quick & easy to grow, & if you choose a loose leaf variety you can snip leaves as they grow & more & more will grow back, sometimes they can produce for many months.

Alright, I'm going to head off & get some more photos together, I hope everyone is doing well & feeling great, I'll be back with more later...
Ja ne~ ;3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where I want to go - 2 landscapes

I always have a feeling of wanting to escape to somewhere. A beautiful and interesting land where I can build a home and live freely. I'...