Pages

Friday 8 June 2012

My first (scrappy as hell) duct tape wallet (゜▽゜;)

Having always had an inexplicable fascination/adoration for duct tape wallets, I decided it was finally time to try my hand at making one ]: )
After spending most of Tuesday looking at wallets online (duct tape & otherwise) I was keen to get started, I got the tape yesterday, & today my first wallet is done.
It's very messy (I'm calling it monsterZero) but it has a certain charm, & I learned bits & pieces as I went, predominately; make sure you have the right tools! Doing things by eye, with scissors just doesn't cut it when you're messing with duct tape, 'frustrating sticky mess' pretty much sums it up >_> So if you're going to attempt this, get yourself a cutting mat, a good cutting tool, & a ruler, & your experience is likely to be far more pleasant than mine ':)
...
Introducing monsterZero -
...
 Front
...
 Inside
...
 Cashy money pocket
...
aaand the back.
...
I wanted something small & minimal that I could fit in my pocket, plus I wanted to keep things fairly simple for my first attempt :p As I mentioned it's very rough, & kinda ugly (in an endearing kind of way), but hey, for my first try I think it's ok.
I'd highly recommend giving this a go, it's fun, low tech, & pretty cheap. I'm looking forward to working out some different designs & experimenting with colours, images, etc.
...
Here's a 2 min time-lapse vid by 'theducttapeguy' making a wallet, to give you an idea of how it's done...
...
...
BTW, I made my wallet based off of a tutorial made by someone else, it was good, but no where near as amazing as this guys', he's super pro 0_0 I feel like I have a much better idea of how to do it now :p
...
Get busy guys!
...
All the best (.=^・ェ・^=)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where I want to go - 2 landscapes

I always have a feeling of wanting to escape to somewhere. A beautiful and interesting land where I can build a home and live freely. I'...