Pages

Wednesday 20 June 2012

New product: Enviro Clean - Washing powder & pre-soaker

A week or two ago I ran out of soapnuts, & I kept debating whether to buy more or try something new. In the end I took a look at what other products were available & came across Enviro clean. I grabbed a 1kg tub, & I'm pretty happy I did. This stuff has been working wonderfully, I really like the mild citrus scent too :) I've done a half dozen (or more) loads so far & I'm really impressed with the wash quality.
So how does it compare to soapnuts? It has a few major advantages, here are the pro's & cons I have found for each so far...
...
Soapnuts:
Pro's - Cleans well, Pleasant gentle scent, Very basic & natural, Grey water safe, Suitable for top & front loading washing machines, Good for sensitive people & allergy sufferers, Versatile, Good number of washes per pack, very low sudsing
Con's - Over time the natural brown colour of the soapnuts can start to affect light coloured clothes, Grown & shipped from the Himalayas, Slightly more effort to use than standard washing powder
...
Enviro clean:
Pro's - Cleans very well, Pleasant citrus scent, Grey water safe, Suitable for top & front loading washing machines, Australian made & owned, 2 in 1 wash & soak, short simple ingredients list, Easy to use
Con's - More ingredients than the soapnuts, Can leave some white powdery residue if load is too big (don't overload machine, & this should never happen), *no more known as yet*


I really like both of these products, but overall the Enviro clean is winning me over, because it does such good quality wash, & it's a little less fussy to use. I have a soft spot for soapnuts though, they also do a wonderful job, they're completely natural, & I have come to love their natural scent.
Both products can be found at most large health food shops, or online -
...
Soapnuts website - wildsoapnuts.com.au
...
Enviro Clean website - envirocareearth.com.au
...
...
Happy, healthy washing everyone :p

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where I want to go - 2 landscapes

I always have a feeling of wanting to escape to somewhere. A beautiful and interesting land where I can build a home and live freely. I'...