Pages

Saturday 5 February 2011

Book recommendation: "comfort in any climate" by Michael Reynolds

So I read this book a while back & found it AMAZING, it's called "Comfort in any climate" & it's written by a fantastic guy named "Michael Reynolds". It is truly brilliant, to try to sum it up, it presents easy to understand information about how to design your house in a way which should all but eliminate the need to use heaters or air conditioners in your home, EVER. Things like passive solar design can be incorporated into the design of your home so that your house works for you & keeps you comfortable without costing you money.


I highly recommend this book to everyone, it's well worth a read. There are others from the same series, such as "Water from the sky" which is also brilliant, & I just want to quickly note that you shouldn't be put off by the fact that these books are based around Earthships (which  are incredible self-sufficient buildings invented by Mike Reynolds) the basic principles within this book, once understood can be applied to almost any building, of course material choice is always going to be important.


To the left is a pic of the cover of the book & on the right a photo of the interior of an Earthship : )




 




I hope you give it a look some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where I want to go - 2 landscapes

I always have a feeling of wanting to escape to somewhere. A beautiful and interesting land where I can build a home and live freely. I'...