Pages

Saturday 29 October 2011

Sorry for the lack of activity... but here's a mayo recipe! + photos ;)

*Insert embarrassed greeting here*...
I feel kinda bad having blogged so little lately, it's been a combination of things keeping me away, but I'm pretty determined to keep up with it as best I can.
All that aside, I made mayonaise this morning, completely from scratch using fresh ingredients & it was pretty amazing :) I'm going to list the ingredients, & the approximate amounts I used, however it's another one of those 'loose' recipes that you can adjust to your liking :)
This recipe is based off miss Voodoo's mayo recipe, which can be found >>> HERE


FRESH HOMEMADE MAYONAISE


Ingredients:
- 3 egg yolks
- 6-8 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4-8 tsp vinegar (I like my mayo a bit more vinegary, so I opted for 8)
- 1-2 tsp raw sugar
- A pinch of salt & pepper
- 1/2 a small clove of garlic
- A few sprigs of parsley (or just about any other fresh herb, dill, sage, chives, etc)
- Good quality olive oil


Method:
1. Add all ingredients except the olive oil into the blender & mix until well combined.
2. Set the blender to a low speed, remove the lid & slowly drizzle in olive oil until the mix thickens. *Be careful not to add too much or the mix with become sloppy*
3. Replace the lid & blend at a moderate speed until thick & creamy.
4. Check the flavour of the mayo & add ingredients according to your taste, briefly blend again to combine, & it's ready!


I put my batch into a mustard jar we had saved (& washed of course :p) You never know when jars are gonna come in handy! :)
The mayo was delicious, fresh, & free from any nasty or unusual additives :) It went straight onto my egg & lettuce sandwich, & it was amazing!


photos photos photos ...
The Vitamix looking a bit messy after the mayo adventure :p
T o t a l l y worth it though!
The finished product, it was the perfect amount for the jar, lucky!
My lovely breakfast :)
I picked the lettuce straight from our garden, & the eggs are from the market.
All accompanied by the super tasty Vitamix mayo! :D
What a brilliant start to the day <3


I have a bunch of backlogged ideas to write up, including a really great gluten free cookie recipe & the easy curry recipe I mentioned a while back, & I'm almost ready to post the follow-up to the washable pads I bought a few months back.
I'm off to do a few things out in the garden, & I'm going to take the camera, so expect a post later this afternoon with update about our plants so far :)


Thanks everyone!
Ja ne...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where I want to go - 2 landscapes

I always have a feeling of wanting to escape to somewhere. A beautiful and interesting land where I can build a home and live freely. I'...