Pages

Sunday 29 April 2012

Trying something new... Quinoa flakes! Time to make quinoa porridge \:D/

(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ~do want...
...
I recently decided to try adding some porridge back into my diet, so Eli & I hoped on our bikes & took a quick ride down to the local supermarket. They didn't have the rice porridge I was looking for (or the buckwheat pasta either ': /) but we searched around the health food section & came across quinoa flakes :) We eat quinoa from time to time, but we've never tried the flakes before, & having set my mind on porridge it was the perfect time to grab a pack & give it a go.
I'm so glad we did, cause they're amazing~ I much prefer them over the rice porridge, they have more flavour & better health benefits too. So if you're after some healthy, delicious, gluten-free porridge I'd highly recommend giving quinoa flakes a try.
...
These are the ones we bought, they're certified organic & gluten-free : ) You can probably find these just about anywhere now days, which is pretty fantastic. I'm super happy to see shops offering more certified organic products too :D
.
.
.
.
.
.
...
The porridge > > >


...
How to make -
...

1. Add some quinoa flakes to a saucepan & add 2 to 3 times the amount of soy/rice/nut milk. Bring the flakes to a gentle boil, then lower the heat & simmer gently for a few minutes. *(You may need to add more milk depending on how thick/thin you like it)
2. Once the porridge has cooked, stick a lid on the saucepan & allow it to sit for a few minutes. In the mean time prep some fruit, nuts, or whatever you want to add. I used some fresh granny smith apple, chopped walnuts, sultanas & topped it off with a drizzle of organic maple syrup ;)
3. Dish up the porridge, throw on the toppings, & eat like a champion!
...
This is an inexpensive, super quick, super duper easy meal to make. It's comforting, it's vegan, it's healthy, & I highly recommend it :)
Change up the toppings to keep it interesting, & even mix in some flaxseed oil for added Omega 3.

...
Get out there & give it a try everyone~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where I want to go - 2 landscapes

I always have a feeling of wanting to escape to somewhere. A beautiful and interesting land where I can build a home and live freely. I'...