Pages

Wednesday 2 May 2012

Vegan mayonnaise (vegenaise) Recipe :)


Today I decided I really really wanted to try a mock tuna recipe, & for that I needed some vegan mayo. My recipe is based of this one >>> vegan mayonnaise, but I changed it up a little :)
Here's how you do it -
*NOTE This recipe requires a blender or food processor* (I used a Vitamix)

Ingredients:
- 1 cup of Canola oil
- 1/2 a cup of Soy milk (apparently other milks don't work as well)
- 2 tsp of Lemon juice
- 1 tsp of Apple Cider Vinegar (optional)
- 1/2 - 1 tsp Agave Nectar
- 1 tsp of Salt
- 1 tsp of Pepper
- 1 tsp of mustard (I used dijon, but any will do)
- 1 clove of garlic - Minced
- A sprig of fresh Parsley - Finely chopped

Method:
1. Add all ingredients except the lemon juice & vinegar into the blender or food processor, & blend until well combined. (If the mix gets stuck (which mine did) stop the blender & loosen it up with a spatula to help it blend properly)
2. Add the lemon juice & vinegar while still blending, & the mayonaise will thicken.
3. Taste the mix & add any extra seasonings. Extra seasoning may need to be stirred through by hand if the mix is too thick to blend. And it's ready!
4. Stick your mayo into a jar & refrigerate :)


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where I want to go - 2 landscapes

I always have a feeling of wanting to escape to somewhere. A beautiful and interesting land where I can build a home and live freely. I'...