Pages

Wednesday 4 May 2011

Super easy creamy vegan mushroom spaghetti

I'm quite unwell at the moment & it seems my tummy can only handle very simple 'gentle' food, so this idea popped into my head, it's nothing amazing, but it worked out really well, & so far my tummy approves.
...
Creamy vegan mushroom spaghetti -
...
Ingredients:
- 1 tbs Margarine - (I use Nuttelex)
- 1 tbs of Olive oil
- A pinch of Salt & Pepper
- 6 good sized Mushrooms
- 1 cup of Soy milk - (I use (see pic below...))
- 1/4 Chicken style stock cube - (I use Massel 'ultra cubes')
- Approx 1 tsp plain GF Flour - (I use Orgran flour)
- 1/2 a packet of (gluten free) Spaghetti - (I use Orgran spaghetti)
- 2 tbs of Oil for cooking pasta
...
Method:
1. Put water on to boil for the pasta, & add 1 tbs of oil to the water to help stop pasta sticking together.
2. Slice the mushrooms & set aside.
3. In a medium fry pan add the margarine, & 1 tbs Olive oil, & put over medium-low heat to melt. Add the mushrooms, salt & pepper & gently cook for a few minutes until mushrooms soften slightly.
4. Add the soy milk & stock to the pan & gently stir. Sprinkle the flour over the sauce, stir well & allow to gently simmer (reduce heat if needed)
5. Once the water is boiling cook up the pasta & set aside. Stir the spaghetti well to prevent sticking.
6. Once the sauce has reduced & thickened slightly it's ready! Pour it over your pasta & serve : )
...
I'm not sure recipes come much simpler than that!
Hope you give it a go :3
...
Serves 1
...
I absolutely would have added some fresh parsley if I had any...
...
...
This is the soy milk I use, I couldn't find it online anywhere @_@ I'm pretty sure it's available Australia wide, but I think only Woolworths stocks it. It's really nice, I highly recommend it. It's done me proud in a variety of milk-based dishes, including scalloped potatoes : )
The biggest letdown about these bottles is... they are not recyclable :/ I wish they would use better packaging...
I have a plan though, kinda... I'm thinking of ways to re-use them myself here at home, but better than that I'm planning on experimenting & making my own rice milk soon, of course I got the idea from Leslie's DIY rice milk post :D
I think I'll probably need a better blender first tho, the one we have is... inadequate...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where I want to go - 2 landscapes

I always have a feeling of wanting to escape to somewhere. A beautiful and interesting land where I can build a home and live freely. I'...