Pages

Friday 6 May 2011

Huge tree fungi [:o (or something else?...)

I spotted this thing on my way home the other day, I didn't have my camera on me at the time (shame...) but I made sure I took it the following day & pulled over to get a few photos : ) The tree is just off the main road, I was super excited to find something like this growing so close to home.
I have no idea what type it is, but it's massive, like the size of my head! :D I seriously doubt it's edible, but I'd be up that tree in a second if it was! :p


picsss...


Isn't it amazing 0_0
I would have liked to get a better shot, but it was pretty high up, & I'm kinda short, so this is about the best I could manage without a ladder >_>
I love the wonders that come with rain <3
From underneath.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Now I'm on a mission to find out out what it is... wish me luck!


***I spoke to my mushroom friend this morning at the market, & he tells me this is called a 'Step fungi' it's a sign that the tree is rotting, the fungi feeds on the decaying wood. He says they are very firm, tho I've never been able to reach one to find out.
Hooray mystery solved :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where I want to go - 2 landscapes

I always have a feeling of wanting to escape to somewhere. A beautiful and interesting land where I can build a home and live freely. I'...