Pages

Wednesday 4 May 2011

My washable pads have arrived! \^o^/ (((Wemoon & Lunapads, check them out :D

The other day my final set of washable pads arrived in the mail. I'm super excited to start a more healthy, eco way to get through 'that time of the month' >_>
It could be a bit weird at first, but as I've been saying to people, I'm not scared of a bit of blood, & actually it's probably healthier to treat it as the natural (however unavoidable) thing it is, an stop hiding behind the horrible, throw-away pads most of us are used to.


Anyway, that's my bit, here's a pic -

The ones to the left are the Lunapads, these come from Canada, but I love the design & couldn't pass the opportunity to try them out, despite the shipping .___. (tho I'm super happy they ship to Australia at all ^u^)
However, now that I have some, I may even be able to sew some up myself, maybe...
What I really like about the Lunapads is the cotton strips are interchangeable (you can see the extra strips in the background) You can double them up if you feel the need & there's no need to wash the base every time, great design! (big thumbs up)

So the pads on the right are the Wemoon pads, which are made is Australia :D
These pads are available in a range of colours & patterns too, but I really wanted to get the organic cotton, which is only available in this cream colour. I like the design of the Wemoon pads as well, however having to wash the entire thing after every use could become a bit tedious.

Both companies had quick shipping, I'm really impressed & happy bout that.
I can only really comment on how good they after I've tried them for myself.
I'll post the results in the next few weeks ; )


Ja ne...


2 comments:

  1. they are so pretty! I no longer get a 'Monthly' as I had a hysterectomy 14 years ago but if I did I too would have switched to washable pads.

    Thank you for sharing !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Patty! :D

    It's awesome to hear that you would be willing to give them a go, most of my friends are creeped out by the idea ': ) I'm going to keep spreading the word though :p

    Have a great weekend :3

    ReplyDelete

Where I want to go - 2 landscapes

I always have a feeling of wanting to escape to somewhere. A beautiful and interesting land where I can build a home and live freely. I'...