Pages

Sunday 8 May 2011

Today I stumbled upon what looked like a fairy hideout...

It's quite amazing, up under a huge oak tree growing not far away from our house I found what was like a mini eco-system. It was like I'd wandered into another world, or at least another country, the light filtering through the leaves of the tree created a really different atmosphere, there was moss everywhere, & something else as well...

The absolutely beautiful oak tree. One day when we have our own property I'll definitely plant a few of these : ) 
This little puff of mossy plant was particularly cute I thought :3 I looooove moss, so lush, green & pretty.
This is what else I found, toadstools! :D
These are the first ones I have ever found growing wild, so I was pretty excited when I spotted them ^___^ What beautiful colours, & the spots almost look like tiny blobs of cream :p
There were heaps of them too, only in this one small area though, I think I counted 6 or 7.
The whole scene looked just like fairy kingdoms I have seen illustrated in kids books.


< & more moss :D
The underside with a bit of light illuminating the gills, pretty : )
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Stumbling across these shrooms shows that you never know what could be just outside your door. The landscape changes every day & I'm always so happy when I discover something like this. Autumn is a particularly good time to find mushrooms & other interesting plants & critters, so why not head on out & see what you can discover ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where I want to go - 2 landscapes

I always have a feeling of wanting to escape to somewhere. A beautiful and interesting land where I can build a home and live freely. I'...