Pages

Monday 15 August 2011

Porridge; ur doin it right

I've noticed various ways to eat porridge over the years, none of them are wrong, I just think my way is better :p


Evidence-

As you can see my porridge isn't just the grain + milk with a tiny drop of honey on top. When I eat I try to get as much benefit out of it as possible.
So for people out there who might like to try some different toppings I'm just gonna reel off as many as I can think of that I've liked, here goes...


- Sultanas
- Pumpkin seeds (aka - pepitas)
- Sunflower seeds
- Strawberries (my absolute favourite)
- Banana
- Dried cranberries (great in place of strawberries during winter)
- Brown sugar
- Dried figs
- Shredded coconut
- Dried apple
- Nuttelex (adds some extra richness & sweetness)
- Vanilla soy milk (I don't do cows milk)
- Cinnamon


I also like to mix through flax seed oil, it tastes terrible on it's own in my opinion (kinda like old socks [: /) however it's a great source of vital Omega 3 fatty acids which vegetarians (& vegans) in particular can be a bit low on because the more commonly consumed source is oily fish.
The porridge I have is rice porridge (gluten free) I found one that's organic too, so it's win win ;D
Anyways I hope this post gives you some ideas for different toppings for your morning porridge :3


Ja!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where I want to go - 2 landscapes

I always have a feeling of wanting to escape to somewhere. A beautiful and interesting land where I can build a home and live freely. I'...