Pages

Thursday 15 March 2012

Bamboo progress, & a bouncy visitor

Since the rains of autumn have started our bamboo has really shot off & they're looking beautiful :D These are the Gracilis, which we bought a few months ago, & they've already grown so much. They're a good hardy all rounder, they make good screens or feature plants. This particular variety is a 'clumping' bamboo, which means it will only grow to fit a certain area, they will not spread & get out of control like 'running' varieties often do.
I'm loving these plants, if you've ever thought about getting bamboo I'd say, go do it! Do be careful to get a variety that suits you though, some can grown very very tall, some only like shade, etc, & be careful not to end up with a running variety unless you're sure you can take care of it.
...
 The amazing misty blue colour of the new growth :)
...
 Loads of new shoots
...
& the little bouncy green fellow.
...
Ja!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where I want to go - 2 landscapes

I always have a feeling of wanting to escape to somewhere. A beautiful and interesting land where I can build a home and live freely. I'...