Pages

Sunday 25 March 2012

Vietnamese mint cuttings grew roots! :D

About a week ago we were given some cuttings from a nice big vietnamese mint plant & told that they should send out roots if we sit them in water for a few days. I wasn't sure whether this would work, but I was pretty keen to try it. Less than a week later all of the cuttings had sent out roots! :) I was pretty excited, & I've planted them all out now, so hopefully they take well & become big healthy plants like the original.
...
 There are other cuttings in the jars with the mint, but I'm not sure it will work with them, no harm trying it though ':)
...
...
I'll post an update later to show how they get along :)
I'm not sure how many plants this technique would work for, it could be that only herbaceous plants similar to vietnamese mint will successfully send out roots, but I plan on reading up about it a bit & trying a few different cuttings. It's pretty amazing, I'd recommend giving it a try if you're into propagating your own plants, but never tried this before, but check the plants which this works for, I doubt it'll work for anything & everything :p

Ja ne...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where I want to go - 2 landscapes

I always have a feeling of wanting to escape to somewhere. A beautiful and interesting land where I can build a home and live freely. I'...