Pages

Wednesday 7 March 2012

First potatoes :D

Last night I wanted to make a baked potato dish & decided it was time to go & see if there were many/any potatoes in the garden. For some reason I didn't expect to find anything, I'm not sure why, the potato plants grew like crazy :p They've pretty much completely died back now, & it looks like as though there was never anything there, but just below the straw mulch I found...
...
Our first potatoes!
(Sorry for the poor photo, I was a bit flustered at the time)
...
I was so excited, it was like they'd been placed there for me to find, like an easter egg hunt ':) just sitting in the soil. I wanted to dig them all up, but they keep really well in the ground, so I only took what I needed.
This puts potatoes on the record as one of our most successful veg, along with zucchinis & tomatoes :V
I've got a lot more to do out in the garden now that it's Autumn, so I'd better go get started...
Ja!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where I want to go - 2 landscapes

I always have a feeling of wanting to escape to somewhere. A beautiful and interesting land where I can build a home and live freely. I'...