Pages

Tuesday 12 July 2011

Easy & delicious Carrot Cake ^o^ /

I found this recipe last week & I've already made the cake twice since then >_> it's really very tasty...
The recipe is from a site called, The Cake Mistress : ) The site is filled with all kinds of recipes for cakes, muffins, biscuits, slices & more! Admittedly I've only tried the best ever carrot cake recipe, so I hope the others are as good, I do plan to try a few more eventually ^___^
Being a coeliac you might think that I'd avoid sites like this, not so! I don't think people who are allergic to gluten need to miss out on tasty tasty cakes, or anything else for that matter! In most cases all you need to do is substitute some ingredients. For the carrot cake, all I did was use Orgran self raising flour instead of regular (scary) flour. It's not going to turn out exactly the same, but you can still have your cake & eat it too ;p


Here's a slice of mine...
The only thing I found is that I needed to bake mine at 170°C in a fan forced oven for 50 minutes, but that could just be my oven... In any case this cake is delicious, my whole family loves it & there was no need to miss out just because I'm a coeliac : )

FYI...
This is what happened when I covered the flash with my finger, instant special effects!... totally looks like zombie cake 0_0

Have a good day everyone 'X3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where I want to go - 2 landscapes

I always have a feeling of wanting to escape to somewhere. A beautiful and interesting land where I can build a home and live freely. I'...