Pages

Sunday 31 July 2011

One post, two epic bike rides :D

Bike rides make me so happy I don't know what to do with myself, I get to see so many beautiful & interesting things, I feel like I could overflow somehow... I swear nothing compares to an epic bike ride with a great friend ;3

Here are some photos from two of our longest rides so far...

Capital City trail-
This is a 30km loop running through the Docklands & outer suburbs of Melbourne (we did a bit more than that, around 35-ish km in total) It was one of the best rides I have ever been on, I had sooo much fun & saw some incredibly beautiful places. I would have liked to take more photos, but it's a pain to stop too often & get the camera out.
Here are the ones I did take tho...



These first three were taken along the Merry river trail, which is a short part of the capital trail. It was one of my favourite sections, it was really beautiful & I was surprised to find places like this so close to the city 0_0

 Our bikes :D

Just as we were heading off again after our late lunch I looked back & thought that the grass, yellow flowers & the sky looked so beautiful that I had to take a photo. Something about the light at that time was really nice...



This is a new section of the Docklands that is still under construction. It was really interesting to ride through because there was virtually no one there, but there were many interesting buildings, boats & new shops to see.


In the end we didn't get home until after dark & we were exhausted, but I can't wait to do it again one day. BEST. BIKE RIDE. EVER.

Bike ride #2
26km loop from home & back again (which we rode today) -
This was also a really fun ride, Eli & I discovered a bunch of new areas to explore & some nice views too, even tho they were up some killer hills @_@
Photos...


I took these first two photos at the top of a very large hill which I really struggled to ride up. I was already a little tired by this point & my legs were a little worn out from a ride the day before, but I made it! Happily the view at the top was pretty nice : )

My awesome bike being awesome :p Eli recently installed pannier racks on the back of our bikes. They act as mud guards & can carry up to 25kilos, it's also provided somewhere to attach the rear lights required when riding in low light or at night (we're still waiting on the ones for the front)


These last two were taken in our neighbouring suburb Eltham, approximately 6km from home. We sat in the grass, snaffled some fruit & water & rested a little before the last bit of riding to get home. The weather was beautiful & it was brilliant to be outside, the air smelt particularly nice, like spring : )

That's the lot, can't wait till our next big ride next weekend ^_____^

Ja ne.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where I want to go - 2 landscapes

I always have a feeling of wanting to escape to somewhere. A beautiful and interesting land where I can build a home and live freely. I'...